Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
The Food and Beverage Service studies deals with the hospitality industry like the sectors that serve food like hotels, restaurants, kitchens, bars, cafes and canteens etc. The only prerequisite for pursuing this course is high school education from a recognized board. The career scope is splendid with the diploma in food & beverage certificate in hand. Students who complete the program can easily find jobs as managers in the food service sector. They can also break into careers such as hosts, hostesses, servers, and even chefs.
Food and beverage management graduates are recruited in the core operational areas of a hotel such as restaurants, bars, banquets, outdoor catering, dietetics, catering, etc
- The course familiarizes the students with the Hospitality/Tourism Business & Management.
- The course is blend of theory and practical to develop a professional attitude & skills for trade in students.
- Being professional in nature the course aims to inculcate professional values & ethics with focus on hospitality/tourism management & operations.
- Various advancements in the catering technology are taught to the students as well.
What is to be expected as an outcome of the program Diploma In Food And Beverage Service at IHM Hisar, the best college for hotel management is that the candidates shall be trained in the field and will have an understanding of multiple aspects in the industry as well. They have been prepared for the profession by an expert faculty in every way possible.
Their education will not be limited to the operations and working of the field, the candidates will have their communication, leadership and other interpersonal skills developed as well. Their determination is something that will make them thrive in their careers and contribute to the organization where they have been employed.
The learners/students shall be able to practice and exhibit the in-depth industry integrated operational knowledge, technical skills regarding front office, housekeeping, F&B service and Food production in hospitality industry.
Hotel Management as well as catering are a fascinating field of study. Furthermore, it is also an industry that renders a wide scope to the aspirants. At IHM Hisar, we believe that it is our duty to help the students take their first steps in their careers. When the course has completed, the potential candidates with their given skill set and aptitude scores, can enter either of the following career paths –
- Further studies to pursue UG and PG Degrees.
- Executive Housekeeper
- Jobs in Teaching and Education
- Accommodation Manager
- Becoming an Entrepreneur
- Front Desk Clerk
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 students (any stream), must have studied English as one of the subjects
For International Students
- Rule framed by NCHMCT and notified in its website will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in IHM, Hisar.
How to Apply
Any queries you have about the admissions and related matters, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form; if you are unable to make a decision on deciding the program, book a free tele-counseling session with us; If you are sure about a program you are enrolling for, you can go ahead fill out the online application.